Just Doing Something

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Gift of the Maggi

Maggi has been voted has India's most memorable brands. Well my association with Maggi is quite old. My earliest memories is of coming home after school and being rewarded with a maggi treat. But that's not the only memory I have in fact I learnt one of the biggest lessons in life indirectly through this iconic brand

In school we used to have the Maggi quiz. Me and my team mate Abhay were the runners up in class IV and had prepared really hard (but as we found out later not very smart) the following year. We had mugged up only countries, capitals and currencies but were quite a big zero in other things like world affairs. eg we did not know who was heading the Palestine Liberation Organisation..(for the uninitiated it was Yasser Araffat..)I think I had already announced to the world (my neighbours, colony friends, my mommy) that we are going to win and get gift hampers which would include school bags with maggi imprinted on them, watches and lots of ....guess what of course..... maggi..:)..So to cut a long story short we were quite overconfident that we will win the quiz.

Obviously we didn't win it. I think we came third and did not qualify for the next round. It was a long walk back home especially when you stay in one of the highest points in Simla. I did not know what to do. That evening I could not face anybody...

But I think I had learnt my lesson....

7 comments:

The-GentleGiant said...

Long live those good ol' days !

And I think we all can be forgiven for these tinee-winee toddlery goof ups, but they are very important in shaping our mentally and attitude today. Totally agree with you on that.

Well said!

arpit bhadani said...

I rememebred my good old maggi days after reading this

Lets have Maggi today evening....missed last time when DANAV was on crawl :)

Amogh said...

Good one. Took just 2 mins to read it :)

Maggi maggi maggi ...

Indeed, its a super brand and i think it is here to stay for long long time ... I like it so much that, maybe I'll even have it with my grandchildren ...

Banker of the Future said...

Slightly deviating from the topic....

I was well attached to maggi during my CA exam days. I had the habit of studying during the night and whenever I was hungry, I used to make up maggi..I also remember a big scold from mummy when I had not cleaned up the platform properly and in the morning a large troop of ants had come celebrate the occasion...

Also I remember going to cousin's house which was like 2 hrs journey only for a maggi treat...

It was real fun...

Love u maggi :)

arpit bhadani said...

nicely written :)

Gaurav said...

Thanks guys..ur comments are very important to keep this blog alive...:) (senti senti..)

Unknown said...

Hahaha, very cool story Chimpoo Bhaiya :)